AF-103 Agile for Leadership
Agile for Leadership is a one-day introduction to Agile for technology and business leaders in your organization. In this course, we introduce Agile concepts, approaches, and techniques focusing on the leadership perspective. This course mixes lecture and hands-on exercises to reinforce the learning objectives and allows students to develop an understanding of how they can lead their organization through an Agile transformation.
Product Marketing Managers, CTO, CIO, Directors, Software Development Managers who are starting on the first Agile project or who have some experience on an agile project and are looking to expand their knowledge of Agile practices and techniques.
- Provide a high level overview of the Agile process, vocabulary, and practical techniques.
- Understand the Agile values, principles, and practices and how they can be applied on an Agile project.
- Understand Agile practices, principles, and values in the broader context of product development and delivery.
- Understand the types of deliverables managers should expect from Agile teams, how to use the information, what the data is telling them, what conclusions you can and can’t draw from the information.
- Participants will understand the practices, principles, and values of Agile as articulated in the Agile Manifesto.
- Participants will be able to participate in a collaborative chartering session, develop an elevator pitch, and make the project tradeoffs explicit to stakeholders.
- Participants will understand how to prioritize the product backlog to maximize business value.
- Participants will understand key elements of Agile product portfolio management.
- Participates will understand how to create and maintain effective Agile teams.
- Participants will be able to understand and interpret a release burn up and burn down chart.
Agile Theory and Benefits
- Gain an understanding of Agile theory, background, and terminology
- Learn the four Agile values from the Agile Manifesto
- Learn the twelve Agile Principles from the Agile Manifesto
- Understand the benefits of Agile software development
- Be able to contrast and compare Agile product development with traditional, sequential product development
Roles and Teams
- Understand the Scrum framework, Agile delivery cadence, and Agile ceremonies.
- Understand the roles on an Agile or Scrum team and what is expected of each role on the project.
- Product Owner
- Scrum Master (Agile Project Manager)
- Team Member
- Understand the benefits of self-organization on teams.
- Understand the phases of team building in the context of the Tuckman framework and how to encourage and facilitate the teams’ progress through each phase.
- Understand how to properly staff and maintain an Agile development team.
- Understand the importance of creating stakeholder alignment.
- Learn how to the team creates the project charter, elevator pitch, team working agreements, and project trade off decisions as part of project initialization.